Update: Official press release & announcement has been published, see below for more details.
I am positive this is going to wet the appetites of many collectors, professional builders and just about everyone else who appreciates LEGO. The highly anticipated LEGO Creator’s Big Ben (10253) set has finally been put into the spotlight with two fantastic pictures of what is to come.
LEGO have published an official press release which you can read below:
Build the world’s best-known clock tower!
Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture.
It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
- Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
- Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
- Put your LEGO building skills to the test!
- Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
- Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
- This set includes over 4,000 LEGO pieces.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
- Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
Release Date: The LEGO Big Ben set will be released on July 1st 2016, with a VIP Early Access launch of June 15th and the set will retail for US $249.99, CA $299.99, DE 219.99€, UK £169.99, DK 1999 DKK.
LEGO Creator Big Ben (10253) Video
Lego Creator Big Ben (10253) Pictures
What’s your thoughts on the Big Ben set?